Google has today announced that Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 is now available for install on eligible Pixel phones. This version (T2B3.230109.002) fixes several bug fixes, performance optimizations and stability improvements, such as: B. the problems reported below in the Release Notes:
Issues reported by developers and users
- Fixed an issue where notifications in a notification group would sometimes appear with straight corners instead of rounded corners. (Issue #264287776, Issue #265529116)
- Fixed an issue where the message in the notification shade indicating an active VPN connection would overlap with the message about apps with active foreground services. (Issue #266075977)
- Fixed an issue where the overflow menu could not be accessed when editing quick setting tiles. (Issue #263484657)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a device with vibration enabled to vibrate for too long after receiving a notification. (Issue #239676913)
Other resolved issues
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused messaging apps to crash or not send notifications.
- Fixed a GPU issue preventing apps from using certain visual effects.
- Fixed an issue where Quick Set tiles for a work profile weren’t added after setting up a new device.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Pixel Launcher to crash when using the search bar in the app drawer.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented a device from unlocking with a pattern after activating the Google Assistant.
- Fixed an issue in the com.android.qns system process that sometimes caused crashes.
- Fixed an issue with the Pixel launcher that prevented Chinese text input from being recognized when typing into the search bar in the app drawer.
- Fixed an issue where when entering and exiting Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode from an app after changing the screen orientation, the System Settings app would crash with the message “Settings is suspended” and the System Settings app then could not be opened .
- Fixed a system UI issue that sometimes caused a crash due to a null pointer exception.
- Fixed an issue where the connection status of a Bluetooth device sometimes did not match the actual device status.
- Fixed an issue where the Pixel Launcher would crash when a user tapped a web search suggestion for a search term.
- Fixed an issue that caused status bar icons to overlap with date text when font and display settings were set to their maximum level on a device.
For those unfamiliar with QPR betas and how they differ from developer previews and regular betas, QPR builds are safe for general use and include “the next round of bug fixes and improvements to stability and performance” as well as user-focused features the typically rolled out as part of feature drops on Pixel devices.
Android 13 QPR2 will be stable in March, with this release being the last major beta. If you are interested in participating, the beta can be installed wirelessly on the Pixel 4a, 4a (5G), 5, 5a, 6, 6 Pro, 6a, 7 and 7 Pro by registering your device with Android beta for the Pixel program. After registering, you can update after a few minutes by going to Settings > System > System update > Check for updates.
|TOI.NEWS Tech News||Click here|
Follow and Subscribe to Our YouTube, Instagram and Twitter – Twitter, Youtube and Instagram.
News & Image Credit – Click Here