Gone are the days when you had to rely on the TV to play video games, or even just console games. As long as you have an Xbox and a stable internet connection, you can effectively turn your smartphone into a screen.
If you want to stop being tied to your TV when it comes to your Xbox One or Series X & S, we’ll teach you step-by-step how to play Xbox games on your phone via Remote Play streaming.
Requirements for Xbox Remote Play
Before we dive into the tutorial, here are some requirements for using Xbox Remote Play:
- Xbox One or Series X and S
- Phone with iOS 10+ or Android 6.0+
- xbox wireless controller with bluetooth
- At least 10 mbps internet connection
A solid internet connection is especially important to minimize lag and make playing Xbox games on your phone as smooth as possible.
How to play Xbox games on your phone
Here are the steps to stream Xbox titles to your phone via Remote Play:
- Turn on your Xbox console and go to Settings > Devices and connections > Remote features and turn onenable remote features‘ Option.
- Turn on your Xbox controller and hold down the connect button Unless people start blinking rapidly.
- Open your phone’s Bluetooth settings and tap on ‘.xbox wireless controller‘ under New devices to pair it.
- Download and open the Xbox app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Log in to your Microsoft account and make sure that both the devices are connected to the same internet.
- Tap onremote playSelect the button in the upper right cornerremote play on this device‘ to start streaming.
- Start playing a game on your smartphone through the Xbox controller.
How to use Xbox cloud gaming on your phone
Ever since Microsoft launched Xbox Cloud Gaming (formerly known as XCloud), it’s been possible to play Xbox titles even when you don’t have a console.
The requirements are the same, except you need to purchase an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription to play games on the cloud. Game Pass Ultimate costs $14.99/£10.99 per month.
Here are the steps to play through Xbox Cloud Gaming if you’re on your phone on Android and iPhone:
- Download the Game Pass app to your phone.
- Connect your Xbox controller or any other Bluetooth-enabled controller to your phone.
- Open the app and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Switch to the ‘Cloud’ tab on the Home screen.
- Tap on your favorite title and click on the green ‘Play’ button to start streaming.
- Open Safari and go to Xbox.com/play.
- Connect a Bluetooth-enabled controller to your iPhone by going to Settings.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account. To create a shortcut to Xbox Cloud, tap the ‘Share’ button and click ‘Add to Homescreen’.
- Choose your favorite game and select ‘Play’ to start streaming.
Tips for Playing Xbox Games on Phone
Xbox Remote Play and cloud gaming are great options for all gamers. Here are some tips that can make your gaming experience even better:
- Invest in a high-quality phone clip for your Xbox controller. Razer Kishi is specially designed for the same.
- If your internet is slow, use a 4G or 5G data connection to avoid lag, but keep in mind the data cap.
- Try using an Elite, DualSense, or Nintendo Switch Pro controller. While many games have touch screen capabilities, it is not as intuitive as using a controller.
Be sure to check out all the Xbox games that can be streamed to your phone.
Read further: How to Emulate PS2 Games on PC
Some of the coverage you may find on Cultured Vultures includes affiliate links, which provide us with small commissions based on purchases made by visiting our site. We cover gaming news, movie reviews, wrestling and more.
( Image Credit – Twitter & Social Media )
|TOI.NEWS Game Guides||Click here|
Follow and Subscribe to Our YouTube, Instagram and Twitter – Twitter, Youtube and Instagram.
- Resident 4 Evil Remake Rank Requirements – S+ Rank Guide - March 27, 2023
- Colonels travel to the Georgia State Spring Invitational – Eastern Kentucky University Athletics - March 27, 2023
- Egypt is getting its own fashion week for the first time - March 27, 2023