Nampa Idaho – Central Washington baseball split its two games against Northwest Nazarene on Saturday. Ryan Arredondo Gave the Cats a 7–2 victory in the first game. In game two, the Nighthawks won 6–5 in the bottom of the seventh.
Chief coach quoting desi story
“The first game I thought we played to our abilities. Dondo did a great job, he kept it down in the zone, got his off-speed down, and controlled the game. We made some double plays. We played late. Hit a few clutches.
“The game to read was working well when we needed that too. We took the lead, then we struck out a man and walked a man to lead off the inning. Two men with no outs and we were out of it.” Went but left the leadership.”
Storey said, “The dropped ball gets hurt, credit to their guy, with two strikes he cuts it and puts it in the game. It bounces over Love’s head and the game is over. We just have to keep at it.” Need to persevere and play the way we can.”
- In the fourth inning, trenton love Belted an RBI single to center field to give the ‘Cats a 1–0 lead.
- The Cats scored five runs in the eighth inning. Austin Ohland A double down the left field line extended Central Washington’s lead. Trevor Tripoli came up and hit a double to left field that scored two more runs and gave the Cats a 6–0 lead.
- The Nighthawks responded with a homer and RBI single in the bottom of the eighth to cut the deficit to four.
- Ohland hit an RBI single and drew richardson Close Nighthawks clinching a 7–2 victory.
- Ryan Arredondo First win of the season. He threw 7.1 innings, allowing only one run and striking out three batters. drew richardson Came on to close the game and worked 1.2 innings striking out one batter.
- Northwest Nazarene took a 2–0 lead in the first inning when Shane Jamison hit an RBI single to left field. Keller Saunders hit a sacrifice fly that scored Deal and put the Nighthawks ahead 2–0.
- Hinkle mashed a solo homer to put the ‘Cats on the board. Baba Warner Jr. hit an RBI single and tied the game at two.
- In the third inning, Austin Ohland Two-run shot into right field. Later in the inning, Tripoli singled down the first base line and scored Love to give the ‘Cats a 5–2 lead.
- The Northwest Nazarenes used a three-run fifth inning run to tie the game at five. In the bottom of the seventh, Paganelli and Souder hit back-to-back singles. Then, Colby Moran came up and hit a walk-off single to left, giving the Nighthawks the 6–5 win.
- reed rasmussen Started the game for the ‘Cats and went two through four innings. Gabe Bustamante Came in for relief and pitched one inning striking out one batter. Aaron Robertson The game came to a close. He worked one innings and dismissed one batsman.
- The Wildcats return home to face Whitman in a single game on Wednesday, March 22.Ra 2:00 p.m.
( Image Credit – Twitter & Social Media )
|TOI.NEWS Game Guides||Click here|
Follow and Subscribe to Our YouTube, Instagram and Twitter – Twitter, Youtube and Instagram.