Tuesday, March 21, 2023
HomeEntertainmentJay Ellis Reveals the Full Story Behind an 'Insecure' Fan Who Slapped...

Jay Ellis Reveals the Full Story Behind an ‘Insecure’ Fan Who Slapped Him at the Airport

Jay Ellis on Insecure (Picture: HBO)

As Jay Ellis tells it, the interactions he had with Unsafe Fans since playing Issa Rae’s boyfriend (and future husband) Martin Lawrence Walker in all five seasons of the HBO hit generally fall into two categories: the vast majority will chastise him for “what he did” to Issa (“it’s like 98%,” Ellis says), while the other 2% are “guys like, ‘Ay, Lawrence Hive to death, bro!'”

And then there’s what happened to Ellis a year ago, when he was slapped by a random woman while he was in a gift shop.

Ellis revealed the incident in a Twitter post in early 2022writing, “Hello everyone except the lady who slapped me at the airport because she got mad at Lawrence for something he did in Season 3.”

In a new interview with Yahoo Entertainment promoting its upcoming romantic comedy someone i knewEllis finally reveals the whole story.

“I’m still processing it,” Ellis begins.

“I was at the airport and I was at this turnstile trying to get some Advil out of it. There was this woman standing behind, and if I turned her around, [I thought] some of the things hanging on it were going to hit her. So I said, ‘Excuse me.’

“She turns around, her eyes widen, and she just reached back and full handed – like Rick James – just slapped me.”

The woman immediately apologized and even offered to pay for the Top Gun: Maverick actor business at the counter.

“She did the Macaulay Culkin,” Ellis says, referring to the famous Alone at home when Kevin McAllister palms both cheeks and screams after feeling the aftershave burn. “She said I reminded her of her ex-boyfriend,” Lawrence said.

“I’m sorry for that boyfriend. Because if she slapped me. If she slapped TV Lawrence, that poor boyfriend.

Give Ellis credit, though, for staying calm and not calling the cops.

“That’s what everyone says,” Ellis laughed.

someone i knew premieres February 10 on Prime Video.

Watch the trailer:

TOI.NEWS Entertainment News Click here

Follow and Subscribe to Our YouTube, Instagram and Twitter – TwitterYoutube and Instagram.

News & Image Credit – Click Here

Hurry Up!

TOI.News Team
TOI.News Teamhttps://www.toi.news
We are TOI.News and we provide Top Latest Breaking News of Entertainment, Game Guide, Sports News, etc.

Leave a Reply

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments